Terms & Policies
Electronic Communication Policy of the Elgin Blue Waves Swim Team:
Electronic Communication Policy of the Elgin Blue Waves Swim Team PURPOSE The Elgin Blue Wave Swim Team (the “Team”) recognizes the prevalence of electronic communication and social media in today’s world. Many of our swimmers use these means as their primary method of communication. While the Team acknowledges the value of these methods of communication, the Team also realizes there are associated risks that must be considered when adults use these methods to communicate with minors. Read the full PDF
Elgin Blue Wave Lane Etiquette Tips:
Elgin Blue Wave Lane Etiquette Tips Here’s the deal, gang: we are all in the pool to get the same thing – a great workout. Even with the crowding there’s no reason we all can’t get a good workout in as long as we work together. Read the full PDF.
Elgin Blue Wave Swim Team’s Anti-Bullying Policy:
Bullying of any kind is unacceptable at the Elgin Blue Wave Swim Team (the “Team”) and will not be tolerated. Bullying is counterproductive to team spirit and can be devastating to a victim. The Team is committed to providing a safe, caring and friendly environment for all of our members. If bullying does occur, all athletes should know that incidents will be dealt with promptly and effectively. Anyone who knows that bullying is happening is expected to tell a coach, board member, or Aquatic Supervisor Read the full PDF
Consent Form - Athletes:
PURPOSE The purpose of this code is to promote the best possible individual, team, and program responsibility which supports the sportsmanlike behavior.
PART I – GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT RULES
1. All participating team members will abide by this code of conduct.
2. Use of drugs other than those prescribed by your physician is unacceptable at any time during the year.
3. Smoking is unacceptable at any time during the year.
4. Disrespectful, indiscreet or destructive behavior will not be tolerated. It is the responsibility of each swimmer to make every effort to avoid guilt by association with such activities at any time during the year.
5. All participants and their parents have a responsibility to do their best to ensure that this Code of Conduct is adhered to and to help ensure the safety of these Program participants. Read the full PDF
Consent Form - Coaches:
Elgin Blue Wave Coaches’ Code of Conduct
- I hereby pledge to live up to my certification as a USA Swimming Coach by following the USA Swimming Code of Ethics.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my swimmers ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will treat each swimmer as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group. Read the full PDF